Studies and several observational data have found abundant evidence in prevention and cure of many diseases with intermittent fasting. Fasting 7-21 days( 7 days a month) can help in the effective treatment of rheumatic diseases, chronic pain syndromes, hypertension and metabolic syndrome. Many people in the world experience a good result of intermittent fasting. There are many written texts in ancient religious books and many pieces of evidence also found of using fasting method of treatment as a measure many diseases.
Fasting is the restriction of solid foods intake. In other words, fasting is the metabolic state achieved after complete digestion and absorption of a meal. Many fast knowingly or not knowingly the benefits of fasting. In facts, it helps in the adjustment of metabolic disorder. Dry fasting and water fasting are the two methods of fasting.
WHY INTERMITTENT FASTING:
* Fasting keeps the digestive system healthy and prevent from metabolic malfunction.
* It can help in the improvement of mental health and from depression.
* It is used in the treatment of cancer.
* Reduction in the calorie intake will start the process of ketosis in the body resulting in the loss of body weight.
* Fasting can also improve the speed of metabolic activities.
* Eating during consistent time period helps in the prevention of chronic diseases( Alzheimer disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Diabetes, etc.)
* Fasting increase the level of concentration and focus during meditation.
FASTING DURING THE TREATMENT OF CANCER:
Fasting once a week not only improve the immunity of a body but it also helps in the production of cancer-killing cells. Fasting before chemotherapy in treating patients with cancer may protect normal cells from the side effects of chemotherapy. Patients are most commonly recommended to fast 48 hours before chemotherapy. During the fasting, patients should only have water.
IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF DIGESTIVE SYSTEM:
The digestive organ needs some time every after complete digestion for repairing itself. Eating foods with spreading time will give less time for the organ to repair itself resulting in the weakness of the organ. But fasting 12-18 hours a day will give the organ much more time for repairment and help in keeping the organ healthy.
BENEFIT ON BRAIN:
The brain and body actually perform better during fasting. Many researchers have found that fasting helps in the repairment of neuron cells and DNA. It also reduces the chances of depression. In facts, fasting changes the chemistry and boost the function of the brain which results in the improvement of memory and learning.
TIPS TO FOLLOW FOR SAFELY FASTING:
* Fast 12-16 hours each day.
* You should fast only 2 days a week.
* Do periodic fasting to enable the process of ketosis in the body.
* Dry fasting is much more helpful than water fasting. Prolong water fasting comes up with many health risks.
* Have foods during a consistent time period.
WHO SHOULD AVOID FASTING METHOD OF DIET PRACTICE:
* Those who have the eating disorder, diabetes.
* People under medication.
* It is not appropriate for pregnant and nursing women.
* Those suffering from high blood pressure.