Ketogenic diet system is the elimination of high carbohydrate-containing foods with the consumption of high fat containing foods. It is a proven and risk-free way for effectively reducing the body weight. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.
In fact, many people experience a good result after practising the keto diet system. Its another benefit is, it neither requires special medication nor physical exercises for weight loss. Here is something you need to know on a ketogenic diet-
What is keto diets:
These diets are high fats, low carbs and moderate protein diets. The diets keep a human body under the metabolic state called ketosis and convert fats in the body to the ketone. This diets not only help in the reduction of body weight but also give a large amount of energy to the human body 24*7.
How ketogenic diet help in reducing body weight?
The major fuel source in a human body is the blood sugar(glucose) obtain from carbohydrates. But with the reduction in the intake of carbohydrates, the production of glucose will drastically reduce and the body will automatically tend to run on alternative fuel which is a ketone.
Ketone is the only other fuel that a human body can run other than glucose. Ketone is produced from fats by the liver when you consume fewer carbohydrates foods and more fats and protein-containing foods. In the process, the fats in the human body will convert into ketone and will help in the reduction of body weight.
What to eat:
Meat (Chicken, bacon, red meat, pork, steak,ham) eggs, fatty fish, butter and cream, cheese, nuts and seeds, condiments, coconut, lemon, cantaloupe, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, tomato, basil, burger, mushroom, cucumber, spinach, lettuce, avocado, olives, asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli,pepper(green, red, yellow), green beans, sprouts.
What to drink?
Water, lemon juice, tea, coffee, whisky, red wine, brandy, vodka, dry martini, vegetable juice, milk, coconut water.
What not to eat?
Rice, wheat and wheat-based products, cereal, soda, fruit juice, ice cream, cake, candy, smoothies, potatoes, carrot, beetroot, sweet potato, parsnip, chocolate, cookies, bread, pasta, banana, mango, grapes, pineapple, kiwi, pear.
What not to drink:
Beer, soda, orange juice, soft drink, energy drink, milkshake, vitamin water, frappuccino, rum.
Instruction to follow for a better result from ketogenic diet:
* Consume enough fats containing foods and drinks.
* Reduce the intake of carbohydrates to 20-30 digestible grams per day.
* Eat when you are feeling hungry. If possible keep fasting a meal and eat when hungry.
* Add some exercise every day.
* Drink 2-3 litres of water every day and sleep well.
Other benefits of the ketogenic diet:
* It keeps your mental performance better and gives more energy.
* Your body will become a fat burning machine after you follow this diet plan.
* It will control appetite, blood sugar, diabetes, etc.
* Improve your physical endurance.
* Improve the level concentration and focus while working.
* It also may help in curing migraine, epilepsy and other mental health issues.
Who should avoid this diet plan:
* Person who is suffering from diabetes, highly vulnerable to diabetes and high blood pressure.
* It is not appropriate for those who are pregnant and nursing.
* It also not appropriate for those who are suffering from eating disorder.